Welcome to the home of RASA,
the place for all the latest information regarding the Richland Area Softball Association.
RASA offers softball at a variety of levels,
with teams appropriate for girls from ages 5 through 24.
The RASA Fall Ball season is set to begin soon. Games schedules/times are still yet to be determined but here is some information to help you prepare for the upcoming season…
1. PRACTICES Practices will be held every Monday and Thursday (6:15-8:00pm) at Veteran’s Park starting Thursday, September 1st. There will not be practices on Labor Day. Vigs practices will be held on Tues and Wed or Tue and Thu (still to be decided).
2. GAMES Games are every Saturday starting September 10 and ending October 29. There could be an additional week added on November 5 if rainouts occur. Games times will vary and are still to be determined. All games are held at North Penn Softball fields (1201 Moyers Rd, Lansdale). Tball will not play Saturday games. Vigs has a separate schedule and will play double headers at different locations every other Sunday starting September 11.
3. TEAMS TBall (6U) & Rookies (8U) - One team each practicing on Field 2.
Minors (10U) - Two teams practicing on Field 3.
Majors (12U) - Two teams practicing on Field 1.
Vigs (18U) - Two teams with separate practice days (TBD).
4. COACHES / ROSTERS We NEED coaches for the Tball and Rookies division!! This is a must or those divisions may be in jeopardy of not playing. We have a support team of experienced coaches and resources to help coach a team if you are intimidated by the idea. There will be a coaches meeting at Veteran’s Park pavilion on Tuesday, August 30. All coaches or those interested are encouraged to attend. Rosters will be distributed at this time.
5. UNIFORMS All registered players will receive a Fall Ball shirt. These will be distributed the week prior to the first game on September 10.
Congratulations to RASA's 10U Sunday Select Panthers team winning the championship against Doylestown in the Doylestown Summer Solstice Softball Showdown Tournament. The team finished day 1 going 3-0 with no runs allowed and finished the weekend with 69 runs scored and 12 runs allowed. Awesome Season of 15-1!! Congrats to the all the girls and the coaches!!
Congratulations to RASA's 14U Vigs team winning the Championship against Deep Run 16-15!! They were trailing 11-0 but made an incredible comeback to win with a walkoff hit in the bottom of the 7th. The team finished as the leagues top team with an overall record of 14-4.
RASA has instituted the following background check procedure for all adults volunteering as coaches, assistant coaches, and for any activity that requires direct and routine contact with children participating in a RASA activity.
The following three (3) items are required for all RASA volunteers:
3) A copy of your Driver’s License showing your current address (must match the address on both of your background checks)
The online background checks are currently offered online for free. Criminal History and Child Abuse records are considered valid for 5 years. However, copies of all three (3) of these forms will need to be provided to RASA once a year. All volunteers must submit the three (3) documents before any RASA activities commence.
Please send the forms to RASA... Email:
. Mail: RASA, PO Box 733, Quakertown, PA 18951
Thank you for your support as we all look forward to another safe and fun softball season
Updating and reviewing your RASA contact information
Every spring season, we have receive numerous email requests to update contact information such as email addresses and phone numbers - the RASA website has functionality to let you do this yourself. It may not be a bad idea just to log in and review the information that is available, as there are several options you may not know about, such as text message functionality to your cell phone (how nice would that be when a game is canceled at the last minute?).
To check or update your personal information, simply:
Enter your email address and password and click "Submit"
If you forgot your password or never had one due to registering in person, simply enter just the email address you provided when you registered and click "Submit" - the system will send you your password via email.
Click on the name of the person whose contact information you want to update and review/update any information